|Project||Restoration and Modernization of Wellington Building | Ottawa, Canada|
|Overview||The restoration and modernization of this magnificent Beaux Arts building is a key element in the Long-term Vision and Plan for the Parliamentary Precinct.
The building, built in 1927 to host the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company’s Ottawa Headquarters, is characterized by its monumental colonnade and, since 1950, by an austere addition (two new floors and one lateral wing). In 1973, the building was purchased by the federal government of Canada and will contain facilities for the House of Commons and the Senate.
|Client||Federal government of Canada|
|Type||Public | Historic|
|Services||Work performed as Senior Project Architect while with FGMADA, Montreal, Canada|